If you have cats, you probably take many pictures to upload to your socials. At the very least, you like to browse socials for pictures of cats. In either case, a great caption makes or breaks the image and can leave a lasting memory for anyone who comes across the snap.
Here are 99 of the best cat pic captions we’ve seen across the platforms. Feel free to apply them to your own images of your cats.
99 Cat Captions
Cutesy Captions for Kitty Photos
The most popular “style” of cat pic might be “the cutesy” – a pic that captures a cat in an impossibly delightful pose or expression, like rubbing its face on something unusual. What could you say about it?
1. “You had me at meow.”
Now you have to show me the organic catnip.
2. “I’m a smitten kitten”
When a cat shows affection, it is a thing of beauty.
3. “You could say my whole house is a catwalk.”
Cats are models. You know what I mean? And they do their little turns on the catwalk.
4. “Smile for the camera, kitty!”
It won’t happen, but it’s polite to ask, anyway.
5. “Wait, meow face is not picture-ready”
When a cat is caught off-guard.
6. “It’s the purr-fect time for a nap”
And that time is any time.
7. “Stop leering at me, purr-vert”
Your cat hates being stared at… and its return look often says so.
8. “Do you believe in furry tails”
They’re simply magic.
Sometimes, it seems like cats are talking to you. They probably are. But we like to project or imagine our own words for them anyway.
9. “I’m feline sad”
10. “Sorry hooman, I need to do my business, so please be quiet!”
Usually, a look is enough to convey the message.
11. “Purr-haps we can cuddle later”
It will be worth the wait.
12. “Catapult me into another dimension. One full of catnip”
Hippy cats from the 70s would appreciate this.
13. “We’re moving too fast, we need to put things on paws”
Relationship management 101.
14. “I’m just kitten around”
A get out of trouble card if ever there was one.
15. “My hooman made me take this picture”
Because cats generally hate posing for pictures, right?
16. “Meow you doin’?”
17. “I’ve got to have all the naps”
And few things prevent a cat from taking them all.
18. “Wait a meow-ment”
“Nothing happens here without my approval,” they seem to say.
19. “I’ll take my next treat right meow”
All cats know when the essential kitty treat is on its way.
20. “Cats over humans”
This is the battle cry of the Cat Republic.
21. “When I floof, you floof, we floof”
22. “You’ve got purr-sonality”
Presumably, you always seem so relaxed and content.
23. “Please fur-give me”
The irresistible force of the big, doleful eyes made famous by Puss in Boots.
If you feel like inducing a few groans, don’t worry. Real cat people don’t mind the odd bit of wordplay.
24. “This is a total cat-astrophe”
At least one of these happens in a cat home every day.
25. “Happy Purr-thday!”
Do you celebrate your cat’s birthday? Just curious. But you should.
26. “Better call in claw-enforcement”
Most times claw enforcement arrives unannounced, to be honest.
27. “You are claw-fully cute”
Not to be confused with “You are clawfully insistent”.
28. “I love you, meow and furever”
Double points for the smart one-two punch here.
29. “I’m a cataholic”
Addiction or religion. Cats fit both categories well.
30. “Thanks fur the memories”
Cleaning the hair from our clothes and furniture is especially memorable.
31. “My cat is my best fur-end”
This requires correct pronunciation, so use with caution.
32. “You’ve got to be kitten me”
If you can’t believe or understand what your cat has just done, it’s a normal day.
33. “Remain paws-itive”
Especially when you invest in magic toe beans.
34. “Anything is paws-ible with a cat by your side”
It’s just that you won’t feel like doing them right now.
35. “Impawsibly cute!”
A variation on the previous, with added cute.
36. “I’m so fur-tunate to have you in my life”
All cat owners will nod in agreement.
37. “I’ve gotta lot of felines for you”
And here are a lot of cats, too.
38. “This is such a meow-gical moment”
If you’ve captured the perfect photo of your cat, go with this one.
39. “Please be paw-lite and use your meow-ners”
Cats might advise you to do as they say, not as they do.
40. “Starting to catch felines”
Felines can overwhelm you.
41. “You’re a fur-midable opponent”
Ask any dog about cats.
42. “I’m so paw-ssionate about cats!”
That’s why I created The Discerning Cat.
43. “Don’t fur-get to buy more catnip”
Cats are saying this every time you leave the house.
44. “You are the cat’s paw-jamas”
Which, presumably, means you are lovely. “Presumably”, because no one’s ever seen cat’s pajamas.
45. “Ain’t no meowtin high enough to keep me from you”
Cat’s love classic Meowtown tunes.
46. “Purring myself up by the floofstraps”
Cats do in fact have ambitions. Just not when you’re watching.
47. “I’m so fur-tunate”
Cat owners consider themselves lucky to share a home with cats.
48. “That’s paw-some”
With cats, it is always indeed.
49. “That was a cat–astrophe”
Disasters can happen. But cats make it better.
50. “All about that pawsitive mental attitude”
The gift of cat confidence is worth pursuing
51. “I cat even right now”
When you need a moment just to help you cope, consult your cat.
52. “Cat me if you can”
I won’t resist. Except when I do.
Catitude and Cat Truths
The smartest cats all have what we call catitude, or at least an air that suggests superiority in all things. Also, there are certain truths and laws surrounding cats as well as cat statistics that cannot be dismissed. Here are a few examples.
53. “You cannot look at a sleeping cat and feel tense”
It has been proven scientifically impawsible by KIT: The Kittygan Institute of Technology.
54. “As every cat owner knows, nobody owns a cat”It’s an age-old saying, and in the few millennia they’ve been with us, there is no evidence to the contrary.
55.“Visitors must be approved by the cat”
That includes owners, who are just long-stay visitors.
What cats do when we take and post pictures of them.
57. “Cash meowside”
Perfect for a pic with attitude, and a reference to an infamous Dr Phil guest.
58. “Cat hair, don’t care”
Free wheelin’ cattitude.
59. “Once upon a time there was a grumpy cat – the end”
Tune in next week for part two – which is largely like part one.
60. “A cat’s life”
Useful for any image of a cat sleeping and relaxing.
61. “The cats are in charge. I just live here”
And they let me know it by their grace.
62. “Wondering who’s in charge? It’s the cat”
As if there was any doubt.
63. “The cat is just doing its job”
64. “A cat has 32 muscles in each ear, to help them ignore you”
They make it look so easy.
65. “Cats are connoisseurs of comfort”
There are few who know better when it comes to relaxation.
66. “Home is where your cat is”
Your cat’s home, that is.
67. “Catitude is everything”
If it could be bottled, we’d all take it.
68. “A cat can purr its way out of anything”
It is the not-so-secret weapon that has allowed cats to prevail for centuries.
69. “My cat was right about you”
This could mean one of several things, good and bad.
When You Love Cats
An expression of your affection for your cat is never wasted. Apply these to photos of your dearest furry treasures.
70. “My life is cats and paws”
Life is all about priorities.
71. “Every day is a cat day for me”
And every day should produce a new cat pic.
72. “Capturing the world through my cat’s eye”
When you understand your cat, you can accomplish anything.
73. “I want to spend all nine lives with you”
Hopefully, this isn’t just transference of your feelings onto your cat.
74. “I’m purrrrdy!”
Yes. Yes you are! Awwwwwwwwwwwww.
75. “I work hard so my cat can have a better life”
In fairness, it’s hard to imagine a better life for a cat living in a good, caring home.
76. “I was normal four cats ago”
Those of us who have cat families understand the struggle.
77. “Not all angels have wings – sometimes they have whiskers”
Can you taste the sugary, sappy sweetness through the screen?
78. “I cat help falling in love with you”
Valentine’s day for cat lovers.
79. “Love is a four-legged word”
Perfect for those pics that contain pillows, puffy clouds, and hearts.
80. “Goal: stay at home cat mom”
Isn’t that a given?
81. “Cats are smarter than dogs – you can’t get eight cats to pull a sled through snow”
More shots fired in the eternal war between felines and canines.
82. “I’m so fur-tunate to have a best friend like mew”
Yes it’s a pun, but it’s so endearing as an expression of love for your cat
83. “I’m hooked on a feline”
It’s, like, a total vibe, dude.
84. “I love cats. They’re kind of…my thing”
It’s a big club, but we should get badges.
Those famous sayings and catchphrases imbue wisdom upon all who hear them.
85. “All you need is love and a cat”
John Lennon said it but ran out of notes so stopped in the middle of the sentence.
86. “Happy is the home with at least one cat”
And happy is the heart that loves that cat.
87. “If cats could talk, they’d probably tell us to mind our own business”
Don’t act all surprised – you know it’s true.
88. “I hate Mondays”
Garfield said it most famously, but it’s true for all cats.
89. “You’re the cat’s meow”
The jury is out on whether the meow is better than the whiskers.
90. “I am a Catwoman”
This requires a DC-licensed or special occasion cat costume for effect.
91. “What greater gift than the love of a cat”
The great Charles Dickens may have actually said this. Who are we to argue?
92. “Happiness is falling asleep to the sound of your cat purring”
When your cat is content, you are content. It says so in the cat book of rules.
93. “Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a purpose.”
Except, of course, to occupy the internet with pictures.
94. “Lettin’ the cat outta the bag is a whole lot than easier putting it back in”
The battle of wills can be one for the ages.
95. “Time spent with cats is never wasted”
It truly can be the key to a full and fulfilling life.
96. “Cats are at home everywhere where one feeds them”
They are happy to take free food, it’s true. But it’s not your food. It’s their food.
97. “No home is complete without the pitter-patter of kitty feet”
Once you’ve had a cat, it’s hard to imagine life without one.
98. “The road to my heart is paved with paw prints”
It’s also a matter of time until the coroner determines it for the record.
99. “A cat is a tiger that is fed by hand”
In many cases, the hand bears the evidence.
Last Thoughts on Cat Captions
Are there any gems you think are worth adding to this list? Leave a comment with your favorite captions for cat pictures below. And keep on snapping!
This cat captions post contains affiliate links. That means if you click through and make a purchase I will most likely receive a small commission. This won’t affect the price you pay. Just wanted to make sure you knew.